Welcome to this my first forum everyone! This forum is about a topic I am really passionate about- to reach out a hand of support to parents and caters of loved ones, friends and family who are supporting someone through mental illness - anxiety, depression and addiction. I am really excited to Hear about all of your experiences, concerns and ideas - positive and negative! I want this to be a space to find comfort and support, where you can find a community of individuals who have or are also travelling your path. You are not alone. Please recommend this forum to anyone you know who is also going through this experience. You are not alone! I only ask that everyone Is respectful of each other’s postings and we refrain from any negativity. This platform is about support, finding a safe place and working on finding solutions Please share freely as you feel comfortable Lisa x
Forum Rules & Policies
1. This forum may discuss sensitive issues, ANY inappropriate comments or pictures will be removed as well as the user.
2. Please respect each other's views and opinions.
3. This is a place where people can freely express their views, any judgmental or offensive comments or pictures will be removed as well as the users.
4. Please note that this online forum is a free space for everyone.
5. This forum is not responsible for anyone's privacy.
Nurses & Their Stories
Forum Rules & Policies
These guidelines ensure the site remains one of celebration and nurturing of our wonderful profession - not one of exclusion and judgement. There is no such thing as better or worse - it is what it is.
1. There is to be to be no breach of confidentiality from a nurse patient perspective. Being respectful and at all times conscious of our professional codes of conduct. Stories can be told without direct reference to patient names.
2. The next issue which cuts to the core of our cultural issues in nursing is the whole concept of university vs hospital trained nurses issue and that one is better than the other. We are ALL nurses and the training/education is just different and reflective of the time/expectations of when we joined the profession.
3. No derogatory comments are permitted as regards trains modalities.
4. Healthy conversation is encouraged but not destructive negativity.